Announcing #BCTECHSummit 2019 Keynote Speakers Eric O’Neill and Tan Le
Innovate BC and the B.C. government today announced Eric O’Neill and Tan Le as keynote speakers for the 4th annual #BCTECHSummit, March 11-13, 2019 in Vancouver, British Columbia. With the theme of the Reality Revolution, the 2019 #BCTECHSummit invites speakers and delegates to explore and discover how we can use emerging technologies—from AI to robotics, quantum to cleantech, blockchain to AR/VR—to solve the biggest challenges facing B.C. and the world.
Eric O’Neill is an attorney, former FBI counterterrorism and counterintelligence operative, cybersecurity A person with extensive knowledge or ability based on research, experience, or occupation and in a particular area of study., and was the inspiration for the film, Breach. In 2001, Eric helped capture the most notorious spy in United States history, Robert Phillip Hanssen. O’Neill is at the forefront of cybersecurity and will share insights into how people and organizations can take advantage of an era of big data and A new method, idea or product., while protecting themselves from the security vulnerabilities of a digitally, interconnected world.
Tan Le is an A person who organizes and manages any enterprise, especially a business, usually with considerable initiative and risk., inventor and CEO of Emotiv, a cutting-edge brain research company. Le has created Science or knowledge put into practical use to solve problems or invent useful tools. that enabled a quadriplegic man to drive a Formula One car, using only his brain waves. For her achievements, Le has been recognized by Fast Company, Forbes and the World Economic Forum. Le will share her unique story, from refugee to tech and innovation leader, and she will demonstrate how advances in technology can fundamentally improve people’s lives here in B.C. and around the world.
“The #BCTECHSummit is an extraordinary event that will showcase the best of technology and innovation in our province and around the world,” said Bruce Ralston, Minister of Jobs, Trade and Technology. “This year’s summit will show why B.C. is such an exciting place for cutting-edge tech, and will give participants a unique opportunity to connect with innovators, thought-leaders and companies that are developing emerging technology here in B.C. and at a global level.”
The #BCTECHSummit brings together an unparalleled mix of technology leaders, industry executives, investors, senior government officials, researchers and students to connect and share insights, experiences and opportunities. With Super Early Bird tickets already sold-out, the conference’s fourth edition is once again set to highlight the transformations technology is driving across all industries and its impact on how we work, live and play.
Additional speakers announced today include: John Horgan, Premier of British Columbia, Shirley Vickers, President & CEO of Innovate BC, and Dr. Alan Winter, B.C.’s Innovation Commissioner.
“We are absolutely thrilled by the incredible demand we’re seeing to get involved in this year’s event,” said Shirley Vickers, President & CEO, Innovate BC. “Businesses are recognizing that technology is everywhere and revolutionizing every part of our economy—so this year’s program will empower conference attendees to discover and learn how emerging technologies can be harnessed to solve global problems, benefit British Columbians in all regions of our province, and enable the industries and jobs of the future.”
The Summit features global corporations from diverse sectors, content that transcends industries and new opportunities to connect, explore and learn. 2019 delegates can look forward to:
- High-quality content through Masterclasses (new), hyper-focused sessions where A person with extensive knowledge or ability based on research, experience, or occupation and in a particular area of study. share rare insights into business strategies and successes.
- Hands-on learning in Workshops (new), micro-courses with learning outcomes and practical takeaways.
- Investment opportunities through the Investment Showcase, giving investors the chance to meet with the rising stars of B.C.’s tech industry.
- Innovation Challenges (new) where industry and government will pitch their business problems to B.C.’s brightest technology solution providers and researchers.
- The largest showcase of innovation and game-changing technologies in the Marketplace, Ignite Alley and A company initiated by individual founders or entrepreneurs to search for a repeatable and scalable business model. Village.
- Youth Innovation Day will bring 1,000 Gr. 10-12 high school students from across B.C. to the event to explore careers in tech, interactive experiences, hands-on workshops and local, breakthrough technology.