Innovate BC client Ecoation wins prestigious greentech innovation award
We’re always excited to see BC tech succeeding on the world stage, so we wanted to write a quick post congratulating Ecoation Innovative Solutions on their latest accomplishment!
Ecoation was recently presented with the 2018 GreenTech Innovation Concept Award in Amsterdam for their role in creating the IRIS! Scout Robot, which is capable of learning and recognizing crop diseases, pests and nutritional deficiencies at early stages. Receiving an award from one of the most important horticultural groups in the world has already led to international interest in Ecoation’s products as they begin the process of taking their tech to the world market.
We’re proud to have supported Ecoation through our programs and services. So far, they have:
- participated in our Venture Acceleration Program;
- been awarded $20,000 as winners of our Agritech Innovation in its modern meaning is a "new idea, creative thoughts, new imaginations in form of device or method". Innovation is often also viewed as the application of better solutions that meet new requirements, unarticulated needs, or existing market needs. Challenge, in partnership with the BC Ministry of Agriculture;
- been awarded the top prize (worth $110,000) at the 2017 BCIC-New Ventures Competition;
- hired students through our Tech Co-op Grants Program;
- and spoken at the 2018 #BCTECH Summit.
We can’t wait to see where Ecoation goes from here as they continue to succeed and build their customer base, both in BC and abroad.
Want to learn more? Check out the official Ecoation press release >>