Innovate BC and Vancouver Entrepreneurs Forum partner to bring tech community together
Innovate BC is excited to announce our sponsorship of the Vancouver Entrepreneurs Forum(VEF), a networking forum that connects entrepreneurs with tools, education, and mentorship to successfully launch and grow their enterprises.
VEF holds 8 events per year, on the third Tuesday of the month from September to May, that brings together partners from across BC’s tech ecosystem. VEF has a network of 7,000 members, from academics and investors to management talent and industry, with the average event drawing 250 attendees. The typical evening starts with networking over drinks and snacks, followed by community announcements, pitches, and a feature presentation on topics relevant to tech entrepreneurs.
Networking forums like VEF are a vital part of BC’s tech ecosystem and Innovate BC is proud to support them.
The first VEF event of the year is the Venture Capital Edition: 2019 Market Predictions on January 15th at Spaces Gastown.
Follow us on social media for a chance to win tickets to monthly VEF events, full contest rules below.
Vancouver Entrepreneurs Forum x Innovate BC Contest: Official Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
- SPONSOR: The Vancouver Entrepreneurs Forum x Innovate BC Contest is sponsored by Innovate BC, 1188 W Georgia Street, Suite 900, Vancouver, BC V6E 4A2 (the “Sponsor”). The contest is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of British Columbia who are age of majority in the province of residence at the time of entry, with the exception of employees of the Sponsor, its parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, departments or agencies, franchisees, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, contest administrators, and any other parties engaged in the development, production or distribution of Contest materials and those living in the same household. By participating in this Contest, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Contest Rules. Entrants who do not comply with any of the Contest Rules are subject to disqualification by the Sponsor, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- CONTEST DATES AND TIMES: The Contest begins on January 7th, 2019 at 9 a.m. PST and ends on May 9th, 2019 9 a.m. PST (the “Contest End Date”) after which time the Contest will be closed, and no further entries shall be accepted. Contest winners will be randomly chosen on each platform (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter) on the following dates during the contest time at 12 pm PST (the “Contest Draw Date”): 1) January 10th, 2019, February 7th, 2019, March 7th, 2019, April 4th, 2019, May 9th, 2019.
- HOW TO ENTER:
TWITTER: Following @innovate_bc and commenting on specific contest post(s) with the call to action required. Please note that only one Tweet is required to be eligible to enter. Multiple tweets will not increase your chances of winning.
FACEBOOK: Liking @innovatebc and commenting on specific contest post(s) with the call to action required. Please note that only one comment is required to be eligible to enter. Multiple comments will not increase your chances of winning.
INSTAGRAM: Following @innovate_bc and comment on specific post with the call to action required. Please note that only one comment is required to be eligible to enter. Multiple comments will not increase your chances of winning.
For this Contest receipt of an entry occurs when Sponsor’s servers receive the entry. Limit one entry per person/Twitter/Facebook/Instagram handle. Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or e-mail accounts, identities, or registrations, all in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating and/or winning a prize. Entries that contain false or incomplete information are void. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Contest Rules are void. Entrants grant Sponsor a non-exclusive license to use all entries for any purpose. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of entry or receipt of an entry.
- CONTEST PRIZES: There are a total of 20 prizes available to be won consisting of the following: (i) Two (2) Vancouver Entrepreneurs Forum General Admission Tickets (approximate retail value $120.00CAD). All winners assume any and all liability for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused, by entering, participating in this promotion or use or redemption of a prize. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and have no cash value. Prizes or any portion thereof cannot be combined with other discounts, promotions or special offers. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternate prize of equal or greater value if an advertised prize is unavailable at the time of award.
- ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received before the Contest End Date.
- SKILL TESTING QUESTION: The Selected Entrant will be required, as a condition to winning the Prize, to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, or being presented in advance, the Sponsor’s time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question.
- WINNER SELECTION AND CONFIRMATION: 75 hours after the original social media contest post (the “Draw Date”) the Sponsor, or an employee, agent or other representative of the Sponsor, will conduct a random draw from all eligible entries and select the potential winner (the “Selected Entrant”). The Selected Entrant will be deemed a winner if they meet all of the eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules. If a Selected Entrant does not meet the eligibility criteria, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and another entrant will be selected by way of a random draw from the remaining eligible entries. Before being declared a winner, a Selected Entrant will be required to: (i) correctly answer a skill-testing question; (ii) sign and return the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form; and (iii) comply with all other Contest Rules, all in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
The Selected Entrant will be notified within one (1) business day of the draw and will be contacted using social media and up to three attempts will be made within 36 hours following the draw. A Selected Entrant that does not or cannot accept the Prize may be forfeited and a new Selected Entrant selected by random draw, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a Selected Entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a Selected Entrant’s response.
Disputes regarding the identity of entrant: If the identity of a Selected Entrant is disputed, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder (the individual assigned to the Twitter, Facebook or Instagram handle associated with the entry). Each Selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder associated with the selected entry.
- RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: The winner must sign the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form to: (i) confirm compliance with the Contest Rules; (ii) agree to accept the prize as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, its departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Contest (the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of a prize or any travel related thereto, and the use of the Entry by the Sponsor, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Contest or any prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of the Prize as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by an entrant with any of the Contest Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant of a prize and the use of the Entry by Sponsor.
The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest or be awarded a prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries which fail to fully comply with these Contest Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Declaration and Release forms; (iv) injury or damage to the entrant’s computer or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding the Contest or accepting a prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto and the use of the Entry by Sponsor; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers” or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner.
- OTHER CONDITIONS: The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend this Contest at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries received by the Contest End Date.
Twitter rules: Multiple entries from a single Twitter user will not be accepted; any entrant found to be using multiple Twitter accounts to enter this Contest may be found to be ineligible in Sponsor’s sole discretion; and posting duplicate, or near duplicate, updates or links is not permitted.
Publicity and entrant information: By participating in the Contest, entrants consent to the use of their name, address, postal code, e-mail address, telephone number, social media handles, comments and image, whether on videotape, photograph or any other means, for the administration of this Contest or any publicity carried out by the Sponsor, without further notice or compensation. Any and all information provided for this Contest is provided to Sponsor not Facebook.
Law: The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, municipal and local laws. This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the province of British Columbia, including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest Rules, rights and obligations between entrants and the Sponsor, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in Vancouver, British Columbia.
Rule amendments: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or modify these Contest Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend this Contest, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of the Contest.
Intellectual Property: All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or other intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited. The Sponsor’s marketing or other partners, if any, shall also have access to and rights to reproduce, copy or otherwise use any materials generated by this Contest or any submissions or materials generated by entrants.