Hire a UBC MBA candidate and get up to $10,000 to offset hiring costs
Are you looking for high-calibre, short-term help for the summer? Consider these four reasons to hire an experienced UBC MBA candidate, including how our Innovator Skills Initiative program can turn into a $10,000 MBA hiring grant:
- Top Talent – UBC’s MBA program is the only MBA program in Western Canada ranked in the Global Elites by global university ranking analysts QS, and has a rigorous application process that only admits top talent.
- In-Demand – if you’re looking for an experienced, short-term hire, UBC MBA candidates are the only MBA candidates available for short-term work in the Lower Mainland from May to August.
- Recruit Once, Hire Twice – save on both time and cost, as each year many UBC MBA candidates successfully convert summer internships into full-time roles upon graduation.
- Offset Hiring Costs – if you’re a B.C. based startup or tech company you can receive up to $10,000 per year to hire an MBA student through our Innovator Skills Initiative Program.
How can you hire? UBC MBA candidates are required to find an internship by mid-May, so get an early start on your recruitment process to ensure you’re reaching the top talent:
- Send a job posting to firstname.lastname@example.org. They will post it to their database and send you a bundle of applications within two weeks.
- Connect directly with a UBC Business Development Manager to develop a recruiting strategy.
- Review the MBA Internship Profile Book to connect with specific candidates you’re interested in.
Is your company eligible to receive up to $10,000 through our Innovator Skills Initiative grant program?
- You are a B.C.-based technology or startup company, or a non-profit tech organization in B.C., hiring a post-secondary or graduate student from an accredited institution in B.C.
- Your student is not a co-op student, is enrolled at an accredited post-secondary institution in B.C. and will be hired for a business or technical role.
- Learn more about the Innovator Skills Initiative program and apply for the hiring grant here.