Hire a UBC MBA candidate and get up to $10,000 to offset hiring costs
Are you looking for high-calibre, short-term help for the summer? Consider these four reasons to hire an experienced UBC MBA candidate, including how our Innovator Skills Initiative program can turn into a $10,000 MBA hiring grant:
- Top Talent – UBC’s MBA program is the only MBA program in Western Canada ranked in the Global Elites by global university ranking analysts QS, and has a rigorous application process that only admits top talent.
- In-Demand – if you’re looking for an experienced, short-term hire, UBC MBA candidates are the only MBA candidates available for short-term work in the Lower Mainland from May to August.
- Recruit Once, Hire Twice – save on both time and cost, as each year many UBC MBA candidates successfully convert summer internships into full-time roles upon graduation.
- Offset Hiring Costs – if you’re a B.C. based A company initiated by individual founders or entrepreneurs to search for a repeatable and scalable business model. or tech company you can receive up to $10,000 per year to hire an MBA student through our Innovator Skills Initiative Program, administered by our partners at New Ventures BC.
How can you hire? UBC MBA candidates are required to find an internship by mid-May, so get an early start on your recruitment process to ensure you’re reaching the top talent:
- Send a job posting to firstname.lastname@example.org. They will post it to their database and send you a bundle of applications within two weeks.
- Connect directly with a UBC Business Development Manager to develop a recruiting strategy.
Is your company eligible to receive up to $10,000 through our A person who produces or introduces new methods, ideas, or products. Skills Initiative grant program?
- You are a B.C.-based Science or knowledge put into practical use to solve problems or invent useful tools. or startup company, or a non-profit tech organization in B.C., hiring a post-secondary or graduate student from an accredited institution in B.C.
- Your student is not a co-op student, is enrolled at an accredited post-secondary institution in B.C. and will be hired for a business or technical role.
- Learn more about the Innovator Skills Initiative program and apply for the hiring grant here.